At the Breastfeeding Center of Ann Arbor we pride ourselves on helping mothers get just the right type of bra or tank that fits just right.
We have the widest variety of nursing bras in Southeastern Michigan!
Our by appointment only allows you to pick a time when it is convenient for you. Our appointments take about 20 minutes. We will measure you and bring you bras to try on and then help you evaluate the fit.
When being fitted for a bra, we want you to feel comfortable and relaxed, never uneasy or anxious. It should be an experience you look forward to, not one that you dread.
Frequently asked questions:
- How do I know I am wearing the right size? Do you know about 80% of women wear the wrong bra size? No wonder women are uncomfortable and have back aches! When you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you don’t have time for that kind of nonsense.
How big will they get??? Probably a bit bigger. This is where our expertise comes in. Depending on where you are in your pregnancy or how many weeks post-partum, we fit you differently for these anticipated changes.
- When should I get fitted? Ideally you should get fitted at about 37 weeks pregnant. This should be before the baby comes and give us a good idea where you are going in terms of cups size. You want to get this crossed off your list. However, if you are uncomfortable in what you are wearing earlier in your pregnancy you can get fitted by us. The odds of you going back down through that size again after the baby comes are high.
- How many bras do I need? We suggest getting 3 things that are very comfortable to wear. These could be nursing bras or tank tops. This lets you know you will something fresh and clean to put on when you need it.
- How much is this going to cost? Not so much! Our prices range between $22 for a sports bra and $56.00 for a custom size. Most lingerie boutiques who do custom fittings charge between $65-$120 per bra!
- What about quality? We try to only carry items that will last. You have to do your part! Wash them properly and air dry and your bras and tanks should last a long time.
- Do you have the right size? Large band and cup sizes are our specialty! Everyone deserves a good fit! Our sizes range from 28 A to 52 DD and 28 to 52 F, FF G, H, J, K & L.
We have comfy nursing bras, more supportive ones, strapless bras, exercise bras, sleep bras, hands free pumping bras, and tank tops.
With many styles to select from, we want you to have a perfect fit! Why settle for anything less? Our prices beat anyone’s around and you get the bonus personal, knowledgeable service.