The Breastfeeding Center
of Ann Arbor and
Barbara Robertson, MA, IBCLC are proud to offer
The CCLS: Clinical and Communication Lactation Specialist certificate
Parts 1 and 2 of a 90 Hour Lactation Course
Specific information for Winter 2021:
Pre-work: December 14, 2020- 23 hours of pre-work assignments will open. Optional live webinars will be offered every other week for discussion of assignments and questions.
In-person- NOTE Due to COVID our in person meetings will be moved to live Zoom meetings: 3 Days 8:30 AM-5:30 PM- Friday, February 5-Sunday, February 7, 2021- 22 hours of live Zoom meeting clinical work.
Pre-work: , February 9, 2021- 23 hours of pre-work assignments will open. Optional live webinars will be offered every other week for discussion of assignments and questions.
In-person- NOTE Due to COVID our in person meetings will be moved to live Zoom meetings: 3 Days 8:30 AM-5:30 PM- Friday, March 19, 2021,-Sunday, March 21, 2021- 22 hours of live Zoom meeting clinical work.
The goal for the pre-work is to about 2-3 hours per week which needs to be completed before the in-person portion of the course. Registration is open.
90 lactation CERPs will be granted at end of the course
Taught by Master Educator Barbara Robertson, MA, IBCLC
Our site uses Paypal or allows a pay by check option.
If you want to pay by Visa, Master Card, or Discover, please email Barbara@bfcaa.com and we can make these arrangements.
You will be paying three installments of $350 each for a total payment of $1050 for our 90 hour lactation course if you register before 1-14-21. The final payment must be made before February 4, 2021 to be able to take advantage of this payments plan. The first payment is due at the time of registration and Barbara will contact you to make arrangements for the other two payments.
Or you can mail a check for $350 made out to:
Breastfeeding Center of Ann Arbor
2595 Powell Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
This must be received by August 1, 2020.
Is becoming an IBCLC right for me?
Read our blog and listen to our Zoom meeting for more information: https://bfcaa.com/how-to-become-an-ibclc/
The 90 hour course will be held on Zoom and using Thinkific.
Why take this course?
- You will be able to understand the normal course of breastfeeding
- You will be able to identify breastfeeding problems
- You will be able to understand the underlying causes of breastfeeding problems
- You will have direct exposure to clinical strategies and gain enhanced confidence
- You will be able to offer practical solutions in a compassionate, easily understandable way
Who is this course for?
- IBCLCs who need Lactation CERPs for re-certification
- Aspiring IBCLCs who are acquiring their breastfeeding education cerps.
- RNs or other health care professionals who want to increase their breastfeeding skills or acquire 20+ hours of breastfeeding education for the “Baby Friendly” hospital initiative.
- Peer Counselors, La Leche League Leaders, anyone, who wants to be able to better help mothers and babies with breastfeeding concerns
- Birth and post-partum Doulas who are interested in being on the cutting edge of breastfeeding support