The Breastfeeding Center
of Ann Arbor and
Barbara Robertson, MA, IBCLC are proud to offer
The CCLS: Clinical and Communication Lactation Specialist certificate
Parts 1 and 2 of a 90 Hour Course
Dates for Spring 2020:
Pre-work: January 17, 2020- 20 hours of pre-work assignments will open for our 90 hour lactation course. Optional live webinars will be offered every other week for discussion of assignments and questions.
In-person: Friday, March 6-Sunday, March 8, 2020- 25 hours of in-person clinical work
The goal for the pre-work is to about 3 hours per week which needs to be completed before the in-person portion of the course.
Registration is open for this 90 hour lactation course.
Note: Part 1 and Part 2 have separate charges! This registration is for Part 1 only.
You can pay with Paypal or by check on our site.
If you would prefer to pay by Visa, Master Card, or Discover, please email Barbara@bfcaa.com and we are happy to make accept these payments.
You can register and mail a check made out to:
Breastfeeding Center of Ann Arbor
2595 Powell Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
This must be received by January 25, 2020 for the early bird pricing.
Taught by Master Educator Barbara Robertson, MA, IBCLC
Is becoming an IBCLC right for me?
Read our blog and listen to our Zoom meeting for more information: https://bfcaa.com/how-to-become-an-ibclc/
The 45 hour course will be held at the
Center for the Childbearing Year Teaching Space
722 Brooks Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Why take this course?
- You will be able to understand the normal course of breastfeeding
- You will be able to identify breastfeeding problems
- You will be able to understand the underlying causes of breastfeeding problems
- You will have direct exposure to clinical strategies and gain enhanced confidence
- You will be able to offer practical solutions in a compassionate, easily understandable way
Who is this 90 hour lactation course for?
- IBCLCs who need Lactation CERPs for re-certification
- Aspiring IBCLCs who are acquiring their breastfeeding education CERPs. (Note: We will be offering Part 1 of this course earlier in the year for a complete, comprehensive 90 hour course.)
- RNs or other health care professionals who want to increase their breastfeeding skills or acquire 20+ hours of breastfeeding education for the “Baby Friendly” hospital initiative.
- Peer Counselors, La Leche League Leaders, anyone, who wants to be able to better help mothers and babies with breastfeeding concerns
- Birth and post-partum Doulas who are interested in being on the cutting edge of breastfeeding support
What participants are saying:
“Barbara was so energetic and devoted to breastfeeding that it made me motivated to learn as much as possible. I wish every doula was trained by her and every mother received her care.” — Class Participant
“I feel more confident working with breastfeeding women, and will be a better observer and problem solver.” — Class Participant
What is different about Barbara Robertson’s new 90 hour lactation course?
We promise that you will not sit and just listen to power point lectures for 45 hours.
This extremely interactive course focuses on utilizing techniques research has shown to be effective for adult learning.
In order to truly learn something, you have to use it in some way, not just hear it.
We will do small group work, work with actual mothers and babies, role play, case studies, large group discussions, problem solving, and practice, practice, practice the skills we are using focusing on how to effectively communicate with our families.
With breastfeeding, social and emotional support are just as important as your technical knowledge.
Our Mission for this Course
We help mothers to nurse by providing them with knowledge and skills they can use to improve their nursing relationship. No technique will work unless the mother feels confident that she can use theses skills without our help.