Below is a list of resources that you might find helpful if you are looking for more information about breastfeeding and related topics.
Check out these resources in southeastern Michigan.
- The Breastfeeding Center of Ann Arbor- Private consults, classes, mother and baby groups, nursing bras, pumps, and more! 734-975-6534
- La Leche League of Ann Arbor
- Breast Pump rentals: Busch’s Pharmacy on Green Rd in Ann Arbor. (734) 994-7200 Has both Ameda and Medela products
- University of Michigan Lactation Consultants – 734-764-8149
- St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Lactation Consultants– 734-712-4214
- http://www.uslcaonline.org/. Our national lactation professional organization.
- www.lalecheleague.org. Leaders in up to date, solid information.
- www.babymilkaction.org. Dr. Thomas Hale’s is the leading expert on drug interactions and breastfeeding.
- www.CDC.gov/breastfeeding. Center for Disease Control.
- www.4wwoman.gov/breastfeeding. Consumer oriented government site.
- www.aap.org/advocacy/releases/feb05breastfeeding.htm American Academy’s breastfeeding recommendations
- http://www.hmbana.org/index/generalinfo About Human Milk Banking
- http://www.hmbana.org/index/locations Where are Human milk banks in the US?
- http://www.bfmed.org Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
- What are the Academy of Pediatrics recommendations for breastfeeding?
- What about the World Health Organizations (WHO) recommendations for infant feeding?
Worried about not having enough milk?
Tongue Tie Articles and Research
- Amazing Power Point explaining Tongue Tie!
- Here’s how you can help decide that a professional evaluation might be appropriate.
- What does the American Academy of Pediatrics say about tongue tie?
- Do you think your baby may be tongue tied?
- Who is researching this?
- Who is Donna Geddes, and what does have to do with tongue tie?
- Need even more information about tongue tie?
- Resource for Professionals
Your baby is Still not latching? There is so much hope!
- A great story to help you keep the faith!
Post partum depression
- Are you worried about post partum depression? Here’s a short video that might help.
- Are you saying lack of sleep may help post partum depression?
Working and breastfeeding
- How does the Health Care Reform help working mothers? Here’s one bright spot!
- Good explanation of Health Care Reform and what it means.
- Excellent site from moms that are doing this!
- What mothers will do for their babies! Dads look at breast pumps. Quite funny!
Babies and Sleeping
Adoption and Breastfeeding
- Want to know how to hand express milk from your breasts?
- Research shows hand expression will help increase your milk!