Comprehensive professional lactation support services for the worksite environment — helping breastfeeding mothers go back to work while keeping the breastfeeding relationship intact.
Benefits to employers who support breastfeeding:
- Employee loyalty and attraction
- Lower health care costs
- 36% fewer infant illnesses in the first three years of life
- 2/3 fewer middle-ear infections in the first three years of life
- Less absenteeism — babies are sick less so moms are in the office, not at home!
- Improved work place satisfaction — mothers who feel an employer cares about their family is more likely to be happy and productive at work
- Financial benefits to employers include savings of $1.50–$4.50 for every $1.00 spent
- Demonstrates employer’s commitment to social and environmental responsibility — breastfeeding lowers resource consumption and produces less waste compared to formula feeding
- Shows action to support breastfeeding
Employers can choose from the following services to create a unique package for breastfeeding mothers returning to work:
- Work place assessments. We will help you plan lactation support in the work environment.
- Back-to-work classes. A good plan and confidence (and a good pump!) are all a mother needs to be successful in breastfeeding and returning to work.
- Prenatal breastfeeding classes. Mothers who have accurate medical information and confidence in themselves are most successful.
- Postnatal in-home consult. This can help a mother be sure she is off to the best start or help her solve any breastfeeding problems.
- Intensive follow-up care for all clients
- Phone support
- Postnatal support groups. Mothers who meet with other mothers are more likely to stay with breastfeeding.
- Supplies. Pumps and supplies at reasonable prices that a breastfeeding mother returning to work might need.
For customized support call Barbara Robertson, MA, IBCLC
(734) 975-6534 or email email@example.com